Business owners are no longer in doubt about the influence that social media can have in the growth of their businesses. By generating the right content that attract
comments from their fan base goes a long way in improving their placement in local search results.
With an understanding of the power of social media, how do you do about getting the most impact from your efforts and get a huge ROI. For one your efforts should not be half-hearted. You must define your objectives and develop a well laid out strategy for achieving them. With an effective marketing campaign you will establish social dominance in your field, increase traffic to your site and build a host of loyal customers who will promote your products and services for you. Below are five strategies for meeting these goals.
- Use Facebook to build a loyal fan base. Over forty-five percent of Facebook users follow a brand that they like. Out of that amount fifty percent will purchase from the brand they follow and seventy-five percent will recommend the brand to a friend. Getting likes to your Facebook page and providing reasons for your fans to come back is a surefire way to build brand recognition, make your brand viral and improve your local search engine results.
- Keep your customers informed with Twitter. There are literally millions of Twitter users and over twenty-five percent of them are following their favorite brands. As a business owner you should use Twitter to understand your customers’ needs, to share details of any promotions that you run and to interact with your customers and prospective customers.
- Improve your local search results with videos on sites like YouTube. Give customers an inside look at your business and improve your local search results by embedding videos in Google Places, your website, your social profiles and see an immediate increase in your traffic.
- Reap the power of sites like Groupon or LivingSocial. Leverage the power of coupon memberships sites to present your promotions and exclusive discounts to the huge subscriber databases on these sites. This will help to create buzz and attract more potential customers without the expensive cost of advertising.
- Never underestimate the power of good content. Good content is timeless and always will be. Whether you’re posting a short 140 character line on Twitter to a long post on Facebook it must be posted with the thought to adding value for your followers. Content that provides value are shared over and over again, giving you the opportunity to earn countless backlinks to your site and more awareness of who you are as a brand.
Your efforts to use social media and make it a key part of your marketing mix will build brand awareness and make it easier for your local customers to find you when they need the products or services that you offer. Your bottom line will improve and you will be able to report that your social media campaigns did indeed pay off.